Friday, April 15, 2011

Haida Gwaii: North Beach













Our last day, we spent it at North Beach. North Beach is the surfing area, with 26 km of crashing surf on this sandy beach. We started on the East side of Tow Hill and just started walking to Rose Spit. I was hoping to find Japanese sea glass floats, but instead I found lots of plastic bottles, shallop shells and even a live scallop. We came across a fishing boat that shipwrecked on the beach in the last 15 years. We hoped to make it to Rose Spit, but it was a little too far for us. We ended our afternoon having a campfire along the beach before heading to the overnight ferry back to Prince Rupert. I want to go back to Haida Gwaii, but next time in the summer to get my surf on. I added some pics of where we stayed, Nadu Loft. In case anyone is looking for a place to stay when they go to Haida Gwaii, it sleeps up to 4 and has a full kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment